Abbotts Level Crossing
Abbotts Level Crossing Location Map
Abbotts Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.3273 / 52°19'38"N
Longitude: 1.0779 / 1°4'40"E
OS Eastings: 609831
OS Northings: 274368
OS Grid: TM098743
Mapcode National: GBR TJH.3B8
Mapcode Global: VHL9D.MRPS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Abbotts Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Abbotts
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Mellis CP
- Postcode: IP238DN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 91 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2014
- Next assessment due: February 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 90
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Bury St Edmunds
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Gislingham
County Council Electoral Division: Hartismere
Civil Parish/community: Mellis
District Council: Mid Suffolk District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.