Adelaide Level Crossing
Adelaide Level Crossing Location Map
Adelaide Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9234 / 50°55'24"N
Longitude: -1.3863 / 1°23'10"W
OS Eastings: 443227
OS Northings: 113947
OS Grid: SU432139
Mapcode National: GBR RT6.HL
Mapcode Global: FRA 76ZN.PQQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Adelaide Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Adelaide
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manually Controlled Barriers (locally monitored by CCTV)
- Location: City of Southampton (B)
- Postcode: SO172HZ
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SDP1
- Distance: 1 miles 69 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2020
- Next assessment due: October 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 30
- Trains per day: 140
- 729 Vehicles
- 594 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Road traffic light signals
- Full barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Portswood
Unitary Authority: Southampton City Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Southampton, Test
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.