Althorne Level Crossing
Althorne Level Crossing Location Map
Althorne Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6478 / 51°38'51"N
Longitude: 0.7532 / 0°45'11"E
OS Eastings: 590571
OS Northings: 197919
OS Grid: TQ905979
Mapcode National: GBR RPJ.R6Y
Mapcode Global: VHKH2.0VJ6
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Althorne Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Althorne
- Crossing Type: Private Automatic Barriers
- Location: Althorne CP
- Postcode: CM3 6DG
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: WIS
- Distance: 40 miles 27 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 20 mph
- Trains per day: 58
- 297 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - 2 incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is near station
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Althorne
District Council Ward: Althorne
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maldon
District Council: Maldon District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Southminster
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.