Alvington 18 Level Crossing
Alvington 18 Level Crossing Location Map
Alvington 18 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6954 / 51°41'43"N
Longitude: -2.5664 / 2°33'58"W
OS Eastings: 360950
OS Northings: 199784
OS Grid: ST609997
Mapcode National: GBR JR.4K4D
Mapcode Global: VH87H.GNM4
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Alvington 18 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Alvington 18
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Alvington CP
- Postcode: GL156BH
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SWM2
- Distance: 135 miles 38 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: January 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 92
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Alvington
District Council Ward: Alvington, Aylburton and West Lydney
UK Parliament Constituency: Forest of Dean
District Council: Forest of Dean District Council
County Council: Gloucestershire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Sedbury
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.