Ansford Level Crossing
Ansford Level Crossing Location Map
Ansford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1026 / 51°6'9"N
Longitude: -2.5051 / 2°30'18"W
OS Eastings: 364729
OS Northings: 133821
OS Grid: ST647338
Mapcode National: GBR MV.BWML
Mapcode Global: VH8BF.JKH3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ansford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ansford
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ansford CP
- Postcode: BA7 7JJ
- Route: Western
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 128 miles 62 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 62
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Ansford
District Council Ward: Cary
County Council Electoral Division: Castle Cary
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.