Ardencaple Level Crossing
Helensburgh Central, Argyll and Bute
Ardencaple Level Crossing Location Map
Ardencaple Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 56.0184 / 56°1'6"N
Longitude: -4.7583 / 4°45'30"W
OS Eastings: 228167
OS Northings: 684037
OS Grid: NS281840
Mapcode National: GBR 0C.SYV3
Mapcode Global: WH2LX.WZ9M
- Name: Ardencaple
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Argyll and Bute
- Postcode: G84 8JX
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WHL
- Distance: 3 miles 21 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45 mph
- Trains per day: 14
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Argyll and Bute
Unitary Authority: Argyll and Bute Council
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Dumbarton
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Helensburgh Central
European Region: Scotland
Scottish Parliament Region: West Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.