Ashley Level Crossing
Ashley Level Crossing Location Map
Ashley Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.031 / 52°1'51"N
Longitude: -2.738 / 2°44'16"W
OS Eastings: 349467
OS Northings: 237206
OS Grid: SO494372
Mapcode National: GBR FK.G7GB
Mapcode Global: VH85V.H6DX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ashley Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ashley
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Grafton CP
- Postcode: HR2 8BE
- Route: Wales
- ELR: HNL1
- Distance: 2 miles 33 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 119
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Civil Parish/community: Grafton
UK Parliament Constituency: Hereford and South Herefordshire
Unitary Authority: Herefordshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Wormside
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.