Askern Colliery Level Crossing
Askern Colliery Level Crossing Location Map
Askern Colliery Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.629 / 53°37'44"N
Longitude: -1.1596 / 1°9'34"W
OS Eastings: 455677
OS Northings: 415044
OS Grid: SE556150
Mapcode National: GBR NVBG.RV
Mapcode Global: WHDCP.512S
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Askern Colliery Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Askern Colliery
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Norton CP
- Postcode: DN6 9HW
- Route: London North East
- ELR: KWS
- Distance: 65 miles 25 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 42
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
Metropolitan District: Doncaster Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Doncaster North
Civil Parish/community: Norton
Metropolitan District Ward: Norton & Askern
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.