Bacton Level Crossing
Bacton Level Crossing Location Map
Bacton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2628 / 52°15'46"N
Longitude: 1.0152 / 1°0'54"E
OS Eastings: 605859
OS Northings: 267023
OS Grid: TM058670
Mapcode National: GBR SHV.5GV
Mapcode Global: VHKD9.KD15
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bacton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bacton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Bacton CP
- Postcode: IP144NS
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 86 miles 6 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 90
- 7 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Bacton
District Council Ward: Bacton and Old Newton
UK Parliament Constituency: Bury St Edmunds
European Region: Eastern
District Council: Mid Suffolk District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Upper Gipping
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.