Baldwins Level Crossing
Baldwins Level Crossing Location Map
Baldwins Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.5238 / 52°31'25"N
Longitude: 1.0556 / 1°3'20"E
OS Eastings: 607386
OS Northings: 296156
OS Grid: TM073961
Mapcode National: GBR TFY.PPT
Mapcode Global: VHL8F.7TWM
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Baldwins Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Baldwins
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Besthorpe CP
- Postcode: NR172LF
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ETN
- Distance: 109 miles 66 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 70
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
County Council Electoral Division: Attleborough
District Council Ward: Attleborough Queens & Besthorpe
Civil Parish/community: Besthorpe
District Council: Breckland District Council
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Mid Norfolk
County Council: Norfolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.