Balkeith South Level Crossing
Tain and Easter Ross, Highland
Balkeith South Level Crossing Location Map
Balkeith South Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 57.8054 / 57°48'19"N
Longitude: -4.0278 / 4°1'40"W
OS Eastings: 279593
OS Northings: 881335
OS Grid: NH795813
Mapcode National: GBR J8F3.1Q4
Mapcode Global: WH4F1.328N
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Balkeith South Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Balkeith South
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: IV191PD
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 43 miles 17 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 15
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
European Region: Scotland
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Tain and Easter Ross
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.