Balne Level Crossing
Balne, North Yorkshire
Balne Level Crossing Location Map
Balne Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.6643 / 53°39'51"N
Longitude: -1.1052 / 1°6'18"W
OS Eastings: 459223
OS Northings: 419014
OS Grid: SE592190
Mapcode National: GBR NVQ2.J6
Mapcode Global: WHFDN.0507
- Name: Balne
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: Balne CP
- Postcode: DN140ER
- Route: London North East
- ELR: ECM2
- Distance: 165 miles 74 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 125 mph
- Trains per day: 151
- 27 Vehicles
- 14 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Civil Parish/community: Balne
County Council: North Yorkshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Osgoldcross
UK Parliament Constituency: Selby and Ainsty
District Council: Selby District Council
District Council Ward: Whitley
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.