Barns Green Level Crossing
Itchingfield, West Sussex
Barns Green Level Crossing Location Map
Barns Green Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0302 / 51°1'48"N
Longitude: -0.3914 / 0°23'28"W
OS Eastings: 512898
OS Northings: 126876
OS Grid: TQ128268
Mapcode National: GBR HJY.9W4
Mapcode Global: FRA B62D.7CS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Barns Green Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Barns Green
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Itchingfield CP
- Postcode: RH130PN
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: TBH1
- Distance: 42 miles 1 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2020
- Next assessment due: September 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75
- Trains per day: 146
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Billingshurst
UK Parliament Constituency: Horsham
District Council: Horsham District Council
Civil Parish/community: Itchingfield
District Council Ward: Itchingfield, Slinfold and Warnham
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.