Barrels Level Crossing
Barrels Level Crossing Location Map
Barrels Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2477 / 52°14'51"N
Longitude: 0.8347 / 0°50'4"E
OS Eastings: 593609
OS Northings: 264849
OS Grid: TL936648
Mapcode National: GBR RGH.1VM
Mapcode Global: VHKD6.FR4R
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Barrels Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Barrels
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thurston CP
- Postcode: IP313RJ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: CCH0
- Distance: 33 miles 61 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75
- Trains per day: 124
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Bury St Edmunds
European Region: Eastern
District Council: Mid Suffolk District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Thedwastre South
Civil Parish/community: Thurston
District Council Ward: Thurston and Hessett
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.