Barrington Road Level Crossing
Barrington Road Level Crossing Location Map
Barrington Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.1191 / 52°7'8"N
Longitude: 0.0558 / 0°3'20"E
OS Eastings: 540847
OS Northings: 248750
OS Grid: TL408487
Mapcode National: GBR L8C.2Y4
Mapcode Global: VHHKF.XZBV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Barrington Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Barrington Road
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Foxton CP
- Postcode: CB2 6SD
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SBR
- Distance: 50 miles 73 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 147
- 16 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Crossing is near station
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Fowlmere and Foxton
Civil Parish/community: Foxton
County Council Electoral Division: Melbourn
UK Parliament Constituency: South Cambridgeshire
District Council: South Cambridgeshire District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.