Baschurch Level Crossing
Baschurch Level Crossing Location Map
Baschurch Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.7881 / 52°47'17"N
Longitude: -2.8291 / 2°49'44"W
OS Eastings: 344180
OS Northings: 321497
OS Grid: SJ441214
Mapcode National: GBR 7D.XH8W
Mapcode Global: WH8BD.J50W
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Baschurch Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Baschurch
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Baschurch CP
- Postcode: SY4 2JE
- Route: Wales
- ELR: WSJ2
- Distance: 178 miles 8 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 41
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Baschurch
UK Parliament Constituency: North Shropshire
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ruyton and Baschurch
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.