Batley Level Crossing
Batley East, Kirklees
Batley Level Crossing Location Map
Batley Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.7185 / 53°43'6"N
Longitude: -1.6252 / 1°37'30"W
OS Eastings: 424832
OS Northings: 424741
OS Grid: SE248247
Mapcode National: GBR KT2F.YR
Mapcode Global: WHC9R.0SDP
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Batley Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Batley
- Crossing Type: Public Manually Controlled Gates
- Location: Kirklees District (B)
- Postcode: WF170QB
- Route: London North East
- ELR: MDL1
- Distance: 35 miles 57 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2021
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75
- Trains per day: 220
- Infrequent vehicular use
- 109 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Controlled by Signaller
UK Parliament Constituency: Batley and Spen
Metropolitan District Ward: Batley East
Metropolitan District: Kirklees Borough Council
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.