Beach Road Level Crossing
Newhaven, East Sussex
Beach Road Level Crossing Location Map
Beach Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7885 / 50°47'18"N
Longitude: 0.0569 / 0°3'24"E
OS Eastings: 545081
OS Northings: 100786
OS Grid: TQ450007
Mapcode National: GBR LSF.H60
Mapcode Global: FRA C700.80M
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Beach Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Beach Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Newhaven CP
- Postcode: BN9 0BX
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: STS
- Distance: 56 miles 62 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 77
- 750 Vehicles
- 40 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing Approach
- RD Visibility
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: East Sussex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Lewes
District Council: Lewes District Council
Civil Parish/community: Newhaven
District Council Ward: Newhaven Denton and Meeching
County Council Electoral Division: Ouse Valley East
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.