Beauchamps Level Crossing
Beauchamps Level Crossing Location Map
Beauchamps Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6136 / 51°36'49"N
Longitude: 0.5459 / 0°32'45"E
OS Eastings: 576365
OS Northings: 193605
OS Grid: TQ763936
Mapcode National: GBR PM0.SYQ
Mapcode Global: VHJKP.DPYV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Beauchamps Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Beauchamps
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Shotgate CP
- Postcode: SS118PL
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: WIS
- Distance: 30 miles 29 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 56
- 1026 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council: Basildon Borough Council
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Rayleigh and Wickford
Civil Parish/community: Shotgate
County Council Electoral Division: Wickford Crouch
District Council Ward: Wickford North
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.