Bedford Level Crossing
Bedford Level Crossing Location Map
Bedford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.373 / 52°22'22"N
Longitude: 0.2568 / 0°15'24"E
OS Eastings: 553732
OS Northings: 277394
OS Grid: TL537773
Mapcode National: GBR M6V.CPZ
Mapcode Global: VHHJD.DMM6
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bedford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bedford
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Ely CP
- Postcode: CB6 3HL
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 69 miles 8 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 186
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
District Council: East Cambridgeshire District Council
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Ely
District Council Ward: Ely East
County Council Electoral Division: Ely North and East
UK Parliament Constituency: South East Cambridgeshire
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.