Benhall Level Crossing
Benhall Level Crossing Location Map
Benhall Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2018 / 52°12'6"N
Longitude: 1.4806 / 1°28'50"E
OS Eastings: 637934
OS Northings: 261665
OS Grid: TM379616
Mapcode National: GBR XQC.WPJ
Mapcode Global: VHM7N.MX2G
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Benhall Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Benhall
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Benhall CP
- Postcode: IP171HZ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 90 miles 8 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 32
- 9 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Benhall
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Saxmundham
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Wilford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.