Benton Square Level Crossing
Killingworth, North Tyneside
Benton Square Level Crossing Location Map
Benton Square Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 55.0273 / 55°1'38"N
Longitude: -1.5334 / 1°32'0"W
OS Eastings: 429925
OS Northings: 570403
OS Grid: NZ299704
Mapcode National: GBR KBQ9.TN
Mapcode Global: WHC3D.FW1X
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Benton Square Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Benton Square
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: North Tyneside District (B)
- Postcode: NE270DE
- Route: London North East
- ELR: BNE0
- Distance: 1 miles 30 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2020
- Next assessment due: August 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45
- Trains per day: 8
- 9 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Metropolitan District Ward: Killingworth
European Region: North East
UK Parliament Constituency: North Tyneside
Metropolitan District: North Tyneside Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.