Berthddu Level Crossing
Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys
Berthddu Level Crossing Location Map
Berthddu Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.092 / 52°5'31"N
Longitude: -3.6627 / 3°39'45"W
OS Eastings: 286183
OS Northings: 245048
OS Grid: SN861450
Mapcode National: GBR YB.B646
Mapcode Global: VH5DL.GPJ3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Berthddu Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Berthddu
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Open Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Llanwrtyd Wells Community
- Postcode: LD5 4TE
- Route: Wales
- ELR: CWL2
- Distance: 49 miles 47 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10
- Trains per day: 8
- 8 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Infrequent Trains
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Stop boards provided on the train approaches - trains stop and Drivers sound the train horn before proceeding
- Road markings
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
UK Parliament Constituency: Brecon and Radnorshire
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Brecon and Radnorshire
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Llanwrtyd Wells
Civil Parish/community: Llanwrtyd Wells Community
Welsh Assembly Region: Mid and West Wales
Unitary Authority: Powys Council
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.