Bessacarr Halt Level Crossing
Bessacarr Halt Level Crossing Location Map
Bessacarr Halt Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.4958 / 53°29'44"N
Longitude: -1.0749 / 1°4'29"W
OS Eastings: 461470
OS Northings: 400299
OS Grid: SE614002
Mapcode National: GBR NXY0.2K
Mapcode Global: WHFFF.GDDD
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bessacarr Halt Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bessacarr Halt
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Minature Stop Lights
- Location: Cantley CP
- Postcode: DN4 7JY
- Route: London North East
- ELR: SPD4
- Distance: 115 miles 48 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 59
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2012), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or Barriers
- Miniature stop lights provided to warn of train approach
Civil Parish/community: Cantley
Metropolitan District: Doncaster Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Don Valley
Metropolitan District Ward: Finningley
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.