Bessacarr Halt Level Crossing
Bessacarr Halt Level Crossing Location Map
Bessacarr Halt Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.4958 / 53°29'44"N
Longitude: -1.0749 / 1°4'29"W
OS Eastings: 461470
OS Northings: 400299
OS Grid: SE614002
Mapcode National: GBR NXY0.2K
Mapcode Global: WHFFF.GDDD
- Name: Bessacarr Halt
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Cantley CP
- Postcode: DN4 7JY
- Route: London North East
- ELR: SPD4
- Distance: 115 miles 48 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph (up)
75 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 24
- 46 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Miniature stop lights provided to warn of train approach
Civil Parish/community: Cantley
Metropolitan District: Doncaster Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Don Valley
Metropolitan District Ward: Finningley
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.