Beswick Level Crossing
Beswick, East Riding of Yorkshire
Beswick Level Crossing Location Map
Beswick Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.9187 / 53°55'7"N
Longitude: -0.4397 / 0°26'22"W
OS Eastings: 502571
OS Northings: 448079
OS Grid: TA025480
Mapcode National: GBR TRC4.L0
Mapcode Global: WHGDR.6RVQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Beswick Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Beswick
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Beswick CP
- Postcode: YO259AX
- Route: London North East
- ELR: HBS
- Distance: 13 miles 53 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 56
- 38 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Civil Parish/community: Beswick
UK Parliament Constituency: Beverley and Holderness
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Beverley Rural
Unitary Authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.