Big Bullsdown Level Crossing
Big Bullsdown Level Crossing Location Map
Big Bullsdown Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2363 / 51°14'10"N
Longitude: -0.3701 / 0°22'12"W
OS Eastings: 513883
OS Northings: 149829
OS Grid: TQ138498
Mapcode National: GBR HGG.H7W
Mapcode Global: VHFVR.J6P3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Big Bullsdown Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Big Bullsdown
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Mole Valley District
- Postcode: RH4 3LU
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: RSJ
- Distance: 31 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 68
- 11 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council Electoral Division: Dorking Hills
UK Parliament Constituency: Mole Valley
District Council: Mole Valley District Council
European Region: South East
County Council: Surrey County Council
District Council Ward: Westcott
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.