Birch Level Crossing
Eastergate, West Sussex
Birch Level Crossing Location Map
Birch Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8296 / 50°49'46"N
Longitude: -0.6456 / 0°38'44"W
OS Eastings: 495482
OS Northings: 104209
OS Grid: SU954042
Mapcode National: GBR FJ8.ZJ7
Mapcode Global: FRA 96JX.497
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Birch Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Birch
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Eastergate CP
- Postcode: PO220EX
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: BBR
- Distance: 22 miles 51 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 152
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Arundel and South Downs
District Council: Arun District Council
District Council Ward: Barnham
Civil Parish/community: Eastergate
County Council Electoral Division: Fontwell
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.