Blenkinsop Level Crossing
Blenkinsop Level Crossing Location Map
Blenkinsop Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.9744 / 54°58'28"N
Longitude: -2.5225 / 2°31'21"W
OS Eastings: 366649
OS Northings: 564550
OS Grid: NY666645
Mapcode National: GBR BBTX.PL
Mapcode Global: WH911.771C
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Blenkinsop Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Blenkinsop
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Minature Stop Lights
- Location: Greenhead CP
- Postcode: CA8 7JS
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NEC2
- Distance: 39 miles 58 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2020
- Next assessment due: September 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55
- Trains per day: 50
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Miniature stop lights provided to warn of train approach
- Gates or stiles
Civil Parish/community: Greenhead
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Haydon and Hadrian
UK Parliament Constituency: Hexham
European Region: North East
Unitary Authority: Northumberland County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.