Bloss Level Crossing
Bloss Level Crossing Location Map
Bloss Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.1034 / 52°6'12"N
Longitude: 1.335 / 1°20'5"E
OS Eastings: 628490
OS Northings: 250254
OS Grid: TM284502
Mapcode National: GBR WQ6.2BF
Mapcode Global: VHLBQ.3D3D
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bloss Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bloss
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Melton CP
- Postcode: IP121RS
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK0
- Distance: 80 miles 15 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2020
- Next assessment due: March 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55
- Trains per day: 35
- 12 Vehicles
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 4 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Large Numbers of Users
- Sun Glare
- Gates Open
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Melton
District Council Ward: Melton
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Wickham
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.