Bone Mill Level Crossing
Bone Mill Level Crossing Location Map
Bone Mill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9289 / 50°55'44"N
Longitude: -1.4754 / 1°28'31"W
OS Eastings: 436965
OS Northings: 114514
OS Grid: SU369145
Mapcode National: GBR 761.RSQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 76SN.C1M
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bone Mill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bone Mill
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: City of Southampton (B)
- Postcode: SO169JX
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: RTJ1
- Distance: 22 miles 57 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 111
- 36 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Redbridge
Unitary Authority: Southampton City Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Southampton, Test
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.