Boston Bypass Level Crossing
Boston Bypass Level Crossing Location Map
Boston Bypass Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.9693 / 52°58'9"N
Longitude: -0.0288 / 0°1'43"W
OS Eastings: 532474
OS Northings: 343146
OS Grid: TF324431
Mapcode National: GBR JWG.ZF8
Mapcode Global: WHHLQ.JMHJ
- Name: Boston Bypass
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Boston District (B)
- Postcode: PE218DS
- Route: London North East
- ELR: ZGRS
- Distance: 107 miles 1 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- 29592 Vehicles
- 1134 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Infrequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Boston and Skegness
District Council: Boston Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Boston West
European Region: East Midlands
County Council: Lincolnshire County Council
District Council Ward: Staniland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.