Bregsells Level Crossing
Bregsells Level Crossing Location Map
Bregsells Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1837 / 51°11'1"N
Longitude: -0.3158 / 0°18'56"W
OS Eastings: 517809
OS Northings: 144067
OS Grid: TQ178440
Mapcode National: GBR HH3.QZD
Mapcode Global: VHGSF.GHXX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bregsells Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bregsells
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Capel CP
- Postcode: RH5 4QL
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: BTH3
- Distance: 26 miles 60 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 45
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council Ward: Beare Green
Civil Parish/community: Capel
County Council Electoral Division: Dorking Rural
UK Parliament Constituency: Mole Valley
District Council: Mole Valley District Council
European Region: South East
County Council: Surrey County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.