Brimfield 49 Level Crossing
Brimfield 49 Level Crossing Location Map
Brimfield 49 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.3024 / 52°18'8"N
Longitude: -2.7225 / 2°43'21"W
OS Eastings: 350826
OS Northings: 267384
OS Grid: SO508673
Mapcode National: GBR BK.X4FL
Mapcode Global: VH84H.RDKC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Brimfield 49 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Brimfield 49
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Brimfield CP
- Postcode: SY8 4NP
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SHL0
- Distance: 32 miles 65 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 94
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
Civil Parish/community: Brimfield
Unitary Authority: Herefordshire Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Leominster North & Rural
UK Parliament Constituency: North Herefordshire
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.