Bromley Cross Station Level Crossing
Bromley Cross, Bolton
Bromley Cross Station Level Crossing Location Map
Bromley Cross Station Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.6142 / 53°36'51"N
Longitude: -2.4107 / 2°24'38"W
OS Eastings: 372929
OS Northings: 413148
OS Grid: SD729131
Mapcode National: GBR CVLN.W4
Mapcode Global: WH97N.YF74
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bromley Cross Station Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bromley Cross Station
- Crossing Type: Public Manned Gates
- Location: Bolton District (B)
- Postcode: BL7 9LY
- Route: London North West
- ELR: BBB
- Distance: 13 miles 49 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 92
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 513 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Crossing is near station
- Current protection arrangements:
Metropolitan District: Bolton Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Bolton North East
Metropolitan District Ward: Bromley Cross
European Region: North West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.