Brooke Road Level Crossing
Brooke Road Level Crossing Location Map
Brooke Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6657 / 52°39'56"N
Longitude: -0.7314 / 0°43'52"W
OS Eastings: 485892
OS Northings: 308306
OS Grid: SK858083
Mapcode National: GBR CRL.V87
Mapcode Global: WHFKN.Q8X8
- Name: Brooke Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: Oakham CP
- Postcode: LE156HJ
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: GSM2
- Distance: 93 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 81
- 3526 Vehicles
- 451 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- RD Visibility
- Crossing Approach
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
European Region: East Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Oakham
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Oakham South West
UK Parliament Constituency: Rutland and Melton
Unitary Authority: Rutland County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.