Brooks End Level Crossing
Brooks End Level Crossing Location Map
Brooks End Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3763 / 51°22'34"N
Longitude: 1.2873 / 1°17'14"E
OS Eastings: 628874
OS Northings: 169263
OS Grid: TR288692
Mapcode National: GBR VYJ.N96
Mapcode Global: VHLG5.8NDT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Brooks End Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Brooks End
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Birchington CP
- Postcode: CT7 9PN
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 70 miles 12 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 94
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Birchington
County Council Electoral Division: Birchington and Villages
District Council Ward: Birchington South
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
European Region: South East
District Council: Thanet District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.