Brooms Level Crossing
Marks Tey, Essex
Brooms Level Crossing Location Map
Brooms Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.867 / 51°52'1"N
Longitude: 0.7557 / 0°45'20"E
OS Eastings: 589822
OS Northings: 222307
OS Grid: TL898223
Mapcode National: GBR RLT.ZVJ
Mapcode Global: VHKG3.1BVK
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Brooms Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Brooms
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Marks Tey CP
- Postcode: CO6 1HA
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 45 miles 10 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 293
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Colchester Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Constable
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
Civil Parish/community: Marks Tey
District Council Ward: Marks Tey
UK Parliament Constituency: Witham
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.