Brunton Level Crossing
Brunton Level Crossing Location Map
Brunton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 55.5115 / 55°30'41"N
Longitude: -1.6738 / 1°40'25"W
OS Eastings: 420700
OS Northings: 624244
OS Grid: NU207242
Mapcode National: GBR J4RQ.F3
Mapcode Global: WHC10.8Q6N
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Brunton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Brunton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath or Bridleway Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Newton-by-the-Sea CP
- Postcode: NE663HG
- Route: London North East
- ELR: ECM7
- Distance: 43 miles 65 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 125
- Trains per day: 116
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for Equestrian users
UK Parliament Constituency: Berwick-upon-Tweed
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Longhoughton
Civil Parish/community: Newton-by-the-Sea
European Region: North East
Unitary Authority: Northumberland County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.