Buckles Level Crossing
Buckles Level Crossing Location Map
Buckles Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.092 / 51°5'31"N
Longitude: -2.5318 / 2°31'54"W
OS Eastings: 362854
OS Northings: 132652
OS Grid: ST628326
Mapcode National: GBR MT.CGDM
Mapcode Global: FRA 56L7.FGV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Buckles Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Buckles
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ansford CP
- Postcode: BA7 7PH
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 130 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 20
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Ansford
District Council Ward: Cary
County Council Electoral Division: Castle Cary
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.