Buttons Level Crossing
Wadhurst, East Sussex
Buttons Level Crossing Location Map
Buttons Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0401 / 51°2'24"N
Longitude: 0.3392 / 0°20'21"E
OS Eastings: 564088
OS Northings: 129352
OS Grid: TQ640293
Mapcode National: GBR NSC.NLB
Mapcode Global: FRA C6LC.HYH
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Buttons Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Buttons
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wadhurst CP
- Postcode: TN5 6NW
- Route: Kent
- ELR: TTH
- Distance: 42 miles 5 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2013
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 80
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: East Sussex County Council
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: Wadhurst
County Council Electoral Division: Wadhurst
District Council Ward: Wadhurst
UK Parliament Constituency: Wealden
District Council: Wealden District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.