Calf Close Level Crossing
Calf Close Level Crossing Location Map
Calf Close Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.0127 / 54°0'45"N
Longitude: -1.0675 / 1°4'3"W
OS Eastings: 461201
OS Northings: 457807
OS Grid: SE612578
Mapcode National: GBR NQZ1.PB
Mapcode Global: WHFBX.KDVP
- Name: Calf Close
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Haxby CP
- Postcode: YO323NT
- Route: London North East
- ELR: YMS
- Distance: 3 miles 78 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2013
- Next assessment due: July 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph (up)
80 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 34
- 20 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: City of York Council
Civil Parish/community: Haxby
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Haxby & Wigginton
UK Parliament Constituency: York Outer
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.