Canute Road Level Crossing
Canute Road Level Crossing Location Map
Canute Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.897 / 50°53'49"N
Longitude: -1.3954 / 1°23'43"W
OS Eastings: 442617
OS Northings: 111009
OS Grid: SU426110
Mapcode National: GBR RRY.8F
Mapcode Global: FRA 76ZQ.S7T
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Canute Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Canute Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Open Crossing
- Location: City of Southampton (B)
- Postcode: SO143FY
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SOY
- Distance: 79 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: March 2015
- Next assessment due: June 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10 mph
- Trains per day: 12
- 12492 Vehicles
- 3712 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - 5 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 8 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - 9 incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Bargate
Unitary Authority: Southampton City Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Southampton, Itchen
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.