Cassells Level Crossing
Little Wilbraham, Cambridgeshire
Cassells Level Crossing Location Map
Cassells Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.1876 / 52°11'15"N
Longitude: 0.3104 / 0°18'37"E
OS Eastings: 558034
OS Northings: 256885
OS Grid: TL580568
Mapcode National: GBR NBD.THR
Mapcode Global: VHHKD.B8FV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Cassells Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Cassells
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Little Wilbraham CP
- Postcode: CB8 0UN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: CCH
- Distance: 8 miles 5 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 34
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
European Region: Eastern
County Council Electoral Division: Fulbourn
Civil Parish/community: Little Wilbraham
District Council: South Cambridgeshire District Council
UK Parliament Constituency: South East Cambridgeshire
District Council Ward: The Wilbrahams
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.