Castle Level Crossing
Westham, East Sussex
Castle Level Crossing Location Map
Castle Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8164 / 50°48'59"N
Longitude: 0.3313 / 0°19'52"E
OS Eastings: 564319
OS Northings: 104465
OS Grid: TQ643044
Mapcode National: GBR NW2.LLD
Mapcode Global: FRA C6LY.0X1
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Castle Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Castle
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Westham CP
- Postcode: BN245LJ
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: WJB
- Distance: 23 miles 28 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 118
- 6 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Bexhill and Battle
County Council: East Sussex County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Pevensey and Westham
District Council Ward: Pevensey and Westham
European Region: South East
District Council: Wealden District Council
Civil Parish/community: Westham
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.