Castleton Farm Level Crossing
Castleton Farm Level Crossing Location Map
Castleton Farm Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9513 / 50°57'4"N
Longitude: -2.5036 / 2°30'13"W
OS Eastings: 364718
OS Northings: 116996
OS Grid: ST647169
Mapcode National: GBR MV.N9JB
Mapcode Global: FRA 56NL.DFY
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Castleton Farm Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Castleton Farm
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Castleton CP
- Postcode: DT9 3RY
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 117 miles 31 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 47
- 3 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Castleton
County Council: Dorset County Council
District Council Ward: Queen Thorne
County Council Electoral Division: Sherborne Rural
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: West Dorset
District Council: West Dorset District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.