Chalk Walk Level Crossing
Chalk Walk Level Crossing Location Map
Chalk Walk Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4502 / 51°27'0"N
Longitude: 0.6627 / 0°39'45"E
OS Eastings: 585112
OS Northings: 175719
OS Grid: TQ851757
Mapcode National: GBR QQM.0C3
Mapcode Global: VHJLJ.FTP5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chalk Walk Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chalk Walk
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Stoke CP
- Postcode: ME3 0HA
- Route: Kent
- ELR: HTG
- Distance: 37 miles 38 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 4
- 2 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: Medway Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Peninsula
UK Parliament Constituency: Rochester and Strood
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: Stoke
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.