Chantry Road Level Crossing
Chantry Road Level Crossing Location Map
Chantry Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.214 / 52°12'50"N
Longitude: 1.4892 / 1°29'21"E
OS Eastings: 638458
OS Northings: 263045
OS Grid: TM384630
Mapcode National: GBR XQC.59Q
Mapcode Global: VHM7N.RMM3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chantry Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chantry Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Saxmundham CP
- Postcode: IP171DN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 91 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 35
- 810 Vehicles
- 243 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Blything
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Saxmundham
District Council Ward: Saxmundham
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.