Chapel Road Level Crossing
Chapel Road Level Crossing Location Map
Chapel Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9022 / 50°54'7"N
Longitude: -1.393 / 1°23'34"W
OS Eastings: 442778
OS Northings: 111586
OS Grid: SU427115
Mapcode National: GBR RS9.3C
Mapcode Global: FRA 76ZQ.74C
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chapel Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chapel Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: City of Southampton (B)
- Postcode: SO145FN
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SOY
- Distance: 78 miles 52 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10 mph
- Trains per day: 12
- 4471 Vehicles
- 3077 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 4 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 3 incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Bargate
Unitary Authority: Southampton City Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Southampton, Itchen
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.