Chapelton Level Crossing
Chapelton Level Crossing Location Map
Chapelton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0166 / 51°0'59"N
Longitude: -4.0248 / 4°1'29"W
OS Eastings: 258069
OS Northings: 126087
OS Grid: SS580260
Mapcode National: GBR KS.J86W
Mapcode Global: FRA 26GF.FTB
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chapelton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chapelton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Tawstock CP
- Postcode: EX379EB
- Route: Western
- ELR: NDN
- Distance: 207 miles 6 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2015
- Next assessment due: March 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- 11 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Crossing is near station
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Chulmleigh and Swimbridge
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council Ward: Landkey, Swimbridge and Taw
UK Parliament Constituency: North Devon
District Council: North Devon Council
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Tawstock
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.